Complete beginners are welcome – you don’t need any previous improv or performing experience.
These beginners courses are designed to give you a grounding in key skills for improv. They’re also a great refresher if you’ve done improv before.
Why should I learn improv?
- Improv skills are transferable to all aspects of life.
- You’ll start trusting your own creative ideas.
- You’ll gain confidence.
- You’ll laugh. A lot.
- You’ll make a bunch of fun new friends.
Spontaneity: What will I learn on the course?
A great course to start with if you’re unsure where to start!
- To let go of judgement and say ‘YES’ to what’s fun in the moment.
- To create fun scenes from nothing.
- How to be a good listener.
- How to move an idea forward.
- To gain confidence in your own abilities and contribution.
Character: What will I learn on the course?
- How to create fun characters quickly and without over-thinking!
- How to use realistic characters to build great scenes.
- How to use your own personality to effortlessly create interesting people.
- How to use physicality and voice as a starting point for characters.
Emotion: What will I learn on the course?
- How to use emotions to create fun scenes.
- The fun of big reactions.
- How to relax to allow your creative ideas to flow.
Storytelling: What will I learn on the course?
- How to create your own stories instantly.
- The fun/magic of making a story as a group.
- How to create worlds, environments and objects out of thin air and your imagination.
Is this right for me?
Yes! The beginner courses are suitable for anyone looking to learn improv skills! Including:
- Complete beginner, with no improv, acting or performing experience needed.
- People with a first language other than English.
- People with anxiety.
- Performers looking to add a new skill to their toolbox.