Event has already taken place!
Online Three Forms Improv Course
08sep7:30 pmOnline Three Forms Improv CourseLevel: Experienced7:30 pm
This experienced course runs every Tuesday evening from 8th September – 13th October 7.30-9.30pm BST / GMT+1Experienced (18 months+) A class for skillful players,
This experienced course runs every Tuesday evening from 8th September – 13th October 7.30-9.30pm BST / GMT+1
Experienced (18 months+) A class for skillful players, especially those who have finished improv training programmes at their school and are looking to widen their horizons. These classes will make the assumption that you are comfortable performing longform improvisation and will push you.
What can I expect?
– To learn and explore some existing longform structures
– Exercises which serve to deepen the ensemble (team)
– Autonomy – there will be an opportunity to come up with your own format variations
Who is the course suitable for?
– Those with previous longform improvisation experience (at least 2 longform / scene courses, but please email us with your experiebnce to firstname.lastname@example.org if not sure)
– Those who understand and use longform techniques. Are comfortable using edits, tag-outs, game of the scene, premise, scene painting, character and object work (NB this is a little different in zoom, but we’ll clarify our shared online longform ‘language’ in the first class).
– Those wanting to explore and develop new longform formats
– Those keen to work with an open heart as part of a strong ensemble
What will the three forms be?
The Armando – a monologist form named after Armando Diaz from the Magnet theatre, we’ll look at the original format and how it’s been adapted over the years.
The Documentary – inspired by the UCB longform, created by Billy Merritt, where we are introduced to the main and peripheral characters of an event in a documentary style. We’ll look at the original structure and explore variations suited to an online format.
Same General, Different Specific – introduced to me by Bill Arnett, this form explores specific people within the same general location – with opportunities to play with chronology, character and group scenes
Min 4 participants, max 12.
(Tuesday) 7:30 pm BST
Virtual Event Details