This page is for administrative and support jobs at the Nursery. If you would like to be notified when these become available, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an improv teacher either resident in or passing through London, please email email@example.com with a CV. Please be aware that it takes a minimum of two months to set up and market a class.
We also have a large volunteer program, with administrative, front of house, and other roles available. Volunteers earn free classes, rehearsal space, and other perks. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are currently looking for…
We’re currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Brand and Marketing Manager to join our busy team on a part-time basis and play a key part in leading The Nursery into its next stage of development.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the London improv scene and The Nursery’s place within that, an ability to develop brand awareness and maintain it across all platforms including print, online and social media, and experience of working as part of a small creative team, preferably within an arts and entertainment environment.
The role will include working to promote the different aspects of The Nursery, including weekly shows and jams at The Nursery Theatre, Broadgate, and classes and rehearsal space at The Nursery Training Centre, London Bridge.
– A background in branding/marketing in a small arts/entertainment environment
– Energy, creativity and tenacity
– Strong awareness of visual branding across multiple platforms
– Ability to work under own steam but also as part of a team
– Brimming with new ideas to promote the organization
– Experience in writing informative, accurate and creative copy
– Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Basic Photoshop and website management skills
– Ability to work closely with a team of volunteers
– Responsible for developing audiences and building The Nursery’s reputation locally, nationally and internationally
– Developing and ensuring consistent visual branding across print materials/web/social media
– Researching and exploiting promotional opportunities to support campaigns and cultivate promotional partners
– Ensuring The Nursery website is SEO optimised
– Managing The Nursery’s social media accounts (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
– Overseeing design, printing and distribution of flyers and posters
– Liaising with partner organisations and acting as an ambassador for the organisation
– Overseeing ticketing and listings sites
– Developing a strategy to promote live streaming and archived shows on YouTube channel
– Managing the newsletter and additional mailouts
– Targeting specific publications and outlets through which to promote The Nursery as a whole, as well as individual shows and classes
– Keeping up to date with current digital tends and how to utilize them to promote The Nursery
The Nursery has been bringing improv to Londoners for almost a decade. We run regular shows and classes, as well as offering space hire and bespoke training.
Last year we opened a brand new, purpose-built improv theatre, The Nursery Theatre at Broadgate. Our programme includes shows every Friday and Saturday, developing acts and jams on Thursday (Thursday Night Lights) and Sundays (The Carousel), a free monthly development workshop and additional shows on an ad-hoc basis, plus our in-house Nursery Originals programme, and our annual week-long international improv festival Slapdash in October. The theatre has its own private bar and comfy seats and it’s a great place to come along and watch a huge variety of improv styles in a relaxed, friendly environment.
Our Training Centre runs flexible classes that are aimed at all levels: from a free monthly taster session and two weekly drop-ins, to a number of longer courses, one-off electives, and workshops with guest teachers for experienced improvisers to hone specific skills. The Training Centre also offers five rehearsal spaces for hire.
To apply please email judith(@)thenurserytheatre.com with a cover letter outlining you experience and a copy of your CV, plus:
– A short example newsletter to go out late April (based on information from our website)
– One thing you like and one thing you’d change about our current website
Hours/Salary: Initially 1 day (8hours)/week, at £120 per day
Application deadline: 30 April
Interviews: Early May
Start Date: The ideal candidate would be available to start late May/early June
The Nursery employment statement