In memory of the wonderful and much missed Jason Chin, the Nursery is delighted to offer scholarships for all courses in order to make sure than the fun and community of improvisation is available to as many people as possible.
Up to two places per class are available and you are encouraged to apply if you would not normally be able to afford these courses, or would be unlikely to attend it for any other reason. There are no set criteria, and you can apply for any course that is live on the Nursery website. Places will be allocated two weeks before the course begins and all that we ask is that people awarded scholarships attend as much of the course as they possibly can!
(Please note this scholarship does not apply to drop in classes, but why not volunteer and earn free classes that way? Click here)
Jason R. Chin was the iO Associate Artistic Director, as well as the Director of the Training Center for eight years. He coached the Harold team “Deep Schwa” for 13 years and was a regular cast member of the “Armando Diaz Experience”. He created/directed several longform classic shows such as “Dinner for Six” and “Whirled News Tonight” which is currently celebrating its tenth year of continuous performance.
He has taught and directed improv in the Phillipines, Australia, England and even Gainesville, and Florida. He is the author of the book, “Longform Improvisation and the Art of Zen”
Terms and Conditions
- There are no specific deadlines for application and applications will be assessed as they arrive
- Applications may be made for any course lasting longer than a single session (not international teachers)
- Successful applicants will be notified at least two weeks before the start of any course
- Decisions are made by Nursery directors and are final
- Applicants may be asked to record a short testimonial about their experience